Studio Information & Policies
SNOW OR BAD WEATHER
If the DULUTH PUBLIC SCHOOLS are closed, dancing is automatically cancelled unless the roads are clear and safe by 2:30 p.m. I will send an e-mail to everyone by 2:30 p.m. if we are still having class.
Parents may observe classes in January. The recital for all ages will be the end of May or beginning of June. Notes will be given out in December and April with more specific dates & information. Observing the class at other times is not allowed, unless you talk to the teacher first. Costumes will be ordered for all classes.
· Leotard (or fitted top) must be worn for all classes.
· No baggy T-shirts or sweatshirts are allowed during class.
· All students must wear hair off the face
· Pink ballet shoes for all Ballet/Lyrical classes and Motion Choir classes
· Black tap shoes for Tap
· Black jazz shoes for all Jazz/Hip Hop classes
A $10.00 (non-refundable) fee is required for all students to reserve class space. A registration is not considered complete and class space is not reserved until this fee is paid.
* 10% family discount with two children
* 15% family discount with three children
MAKE UP LESSONS
There will be NO DISCOUNTS OR REFUNDS for classes missed. Please call or e-mail Kelly to schedule a make up lesson. All make up lessons are ½ hour.
Payment is due the first week of each month. Tuition remains the same whether there are 3 weeks in a month or 5 weeks and regardless of absences. By the end of the year, lessons will “average” four (4) per month. No statements will be sent out unless you are late. A $10 late fee will be automatically charged if you have not paid by the last day of each month. If a payment is not made, your child will be dropped from the class. There will be NO CASH accepted for lessons. Please make checks payable to: Kelly Carson
* You must give me a written notice or a phone call to drop a class by the 1st of the following month. If you stop coming to class, you will continue to be billed and be responsible for your monthly tuition until you cancel.
Attendance is taken at each class and recognition will be given at the recital for perfect attendance. Classes cannot be “made up” for this award; you must attend all of your regularly scheduled classes to receive this award. Good attendance is imperative, as absences and tardiness can hold back an entire class. Please make every effort to have your child at every class. Awards will also be given at the recital for the most improved dancer in each class and for dance participation at our studio for three years and up.
NEW AND USED SHOES
If you would like new shoes, I can order them for you. Please let me know your street shoe size. I will be ordering shoes the first two weeks of class. We also have a used shoebox that is available to you. The used shoes must be paid for in cash or check before you take them. Tap ties are required for children 3-8 to eliminate tying shoes during class.
· Be on time for class (but please, not more than 15 minutes early)
· No gum will be allowed during class
· All students are expected to behave in an appropriate manner during class. Severe discipline problems will be discussed with parents. Any continuous problem with discipline may result in dismissal from the class.
· Contact me early in the year if your child is struggling in a class or if the class is not challenging enough. We may be able to put them in a class that better meets their abilities.
· Please call or e-mail if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas. We cannot make improvements unless we get feedback from you.